January 26, 2011

the lace maker

Work in progress

Tord Boontje has been one of my favourite designers for a while now. I spotted one of his earlier pieces in an interiors magazine about 5 or 6 years ago and I have loved all his work ever since. 

 

The Garland Light

Charming, romantic, unforgettable, The Garland Light is mesmerising with its delicately etched floral patterns. The lamp is made from a continuous metal strand that is wrapped around a light bulb. 

I purchased one a couple of years ago and I must say, it’s no easy task trying to make it hang like that in the picture. lol 
Sad to say that I no longer have it hanging in my home but nonetheless it is a delicate and beautiful piece.

Some other works by Tord Boontje...

Happy Rocker

Chair: Happy Rocker
Made of steel, wood, and Wool. I can see this in a relaxing reading room or in the corner of a large spacious bedroom.

Charming

Jewellery: Charming
Charming collection available in 24K gold plated and silver plated.
These charms/pendants are wearable versions of Boontje's signature flora and fauna motifs. Each charm incorporates a hook so that it may be hung on any chain or cord the wearer pleases.

Here
Now
Forever
Vases: Thinking of You
Thinking of You is a series of 3 vases as memories.
Memories of ancient, ornate, detailed objects are translated into metal covers. These intricate covers contrast with the simplicity of the empty glass jar at the centre.
Here - Now – Forever Vases

Pressed Flowers
Textiles: Pressed Flowers
I like the layered effect of the transparency in this fabric, looking through many layers of pattern when it is bunched up. In the sunlight it gives the most amazing shadows.

Aww, I LOVE them all!! I love how whimsical and beautiful his designs are and how quite a lot of them are affordable!

No comments:

Post a Comment