January 24, 2011

snappy snaps

A couple of weeks ago I got a new camera, the Sony NEX-5 digital SLR and it has been my favourite toy ever since. It’s so compact and light that when it first arrived in its box, I thought that they’d forgotten to pack the camera inside! LOL

My baby

One of the features I love on this camera is the 'sweep panorama' mode, in which you just hold down the shutter button as you pan the camera.
The background defocus is also a great touch that I didn’t have before on my old camera.

Testing the defocus

The picture quality is a huge upgrade from a compact digital camera. Looking back at the food pictures taken, they’re making me drool all over again.

Fantastic image quality, superb build and extremely easy for beginners to use.
I have gone from just using a camera on the odd occasion to looking for reasons to use it!

Now, how do we store our new baby... I have been looking on the net to find cases for it and the Sony brand is 1. Too expensive 2. Boring  3. Ugly so I started looking for other alternatives and some of them are simply lovely. Most of them are not too expensive, considering they’re leather, but most of them are only available from Asia. Check these out!

Boring Sony brand case
Ciesta tan leather case
Claysmith black mock croc case


Herringbone red leather case
Claysmith yellow leather case

Some of them come in a multitude of colours but I’m loving the tan colour. They’re smart looking and the leather will age beautifully over time. I particularly like the first one (ciesta tan leather) but which one would you choose?

1 comment:

  1. The tan one! Then the yellow for a funky look.

    ReplyDelete